Vehicle Technical Inspection Requirements
(ITEMS 1-13 Are Mandatory “PASS” required for participation in S.A.D.R events)
- Seat belts, (3” lap and shoulder and 2” submarine, Double “D” rings required) 3 year expiration, dated. Belts must be free of abrasion or damage from use.
Mounting must be consistent with the belt manufactures installation guidelines with regard to location and angle for maximum effect and minimization of injury due to improper restraint system mounting. ( See Score or FIA guide)
- Frame attachment must be double steel plate or welded
- Latched anchors must have pins (cotter pins) installed for “PASS”
- Helmets, Current SNELL or DOT, latest 5 year certificate. General appearance and condition must be acceptable for “PASS”
- Driving suits, (Dating concurrent with 3 year maximum expiration, condition must be acceptable for “pass”) No rips or tears and minimum petroleum stains permitted.
- Fire Extinguishers, All race vehicle’s must have either an on-board fire suppression system protecting the driver and co-driver or a 2.5 lb. ABC dry extinguisher within reach of the driver or co-driver while strapped in. In addition to the drivers compartment every race vehicle must have in addition either (1) 5 lb. ABC extinguisher or (2) 2.5 lb. ABC extinguishers mounted and accessible from the outside of the race vehicle.
- Safety Nets, Required for all participants vehicles !! Nets must be installed as per manufactures suggested mount requirements with the manufactures required hardware recommendations.
- Fuel Cell, All participating vehicles must use an approved fuel cell installed and mounted suitable metal retaining methods. A metal canister containing the fuel cell is mandatory with metal straps securely attached to the chassis retaining the metal canister.
- All fuel lines must be a good condition with acceptable installation and routing with industry guidelines and procedures.
- Fuel cell venting MUST agree with current guidelines established for racing and competition (see SCORE for examples)
- Battery, Must be mounted outside the drivers compartment or within a metal box and a metal divider that separates the battery from the occupants. The battery must be retained with metal straps. All race vehicles are required to have a “Master” battery switch in functioning condition that is either accessible to both the driver and co-driver.
- Controls, Two engine throttle return springs must be in place at all times, the actual spring material must be spring steel and the spring must be retained by steel attachment points.
- Lighting, All race vehicles must have operating brake lights mounted so to provide clear visibility and rear facing amber dust light. Must be operational for a “PASS”
- Two rear facing red taillight assemblies required per vehicle.
- One amber dust light with a minimum of 35 watt out-put and a maximum of 100 watt out-put that is wired to operate with the ignition in the “ON” position.
- All vehicles participating in a night event must also have functioning rear “parking” lights that operate with the ignition in the “ON” position.
- Horn, A loud audible horn is required and must be demonstrated at TECH.
- Chassis, Chassis construction and assembly shall be in accordance with generally accepted industry standards and rulings in regards to “tubing size and material for weight of class vehicle”
- All diagonals and bracing shall be installed in a professional workmanship manner. Chassis shall be free of cracks and obvious structural damage that would cause concern in regards to safety.
- Jeepspeed chassis regulation will be delegated to S.A.D.R ombudsman to Jeepspeed class participants.
- Limited classes shall be required to comply with all general regulations. Other class specific regulations will be addressed through S.A.D.R ombudsman to class in question.
- Mirror, All vehicles must have two functioning rear view mirrors that are visible from the rear of the vehicle, Side and center mount is acceptable.
- Emergency, All vehicles must have the following safety equipment in the race vehicle during the entire event.
- Two quarts of water for each occupant, MINIMUM!
- Two emergency reflective markers
- One tow strap with a 10.000 lb. Capacity
- Approved red cross emergency first aid kit
- 2-way radio communication
General overall vehicle condition
- No leaks of any fluid
- No body panels attached in any manner to facilitate their self-destruction or self-removal for the entire duration of the event.
- No devices that appear to intentionally cause harm to another competitor.
- Functional mufflers are required and spark arrestors are encouraged.
- All cotter pins in all locations as intended
- Number plates shall be sized and placed with the purpose of facilitating easy tracking by check point crews. (contrasting backgrounds with LARGE numbers centered on body panels.
- All pits will include at minimum one 10lb. ABC “DRY” fire extinguisher and all vehicles serviced must use a removable liquid absorbent containment device.